Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2000 e430w
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, having a problem with power moonroof not opening on a 2000 e430w it sounds as if its locked down, sounds like it trying to open any suggestions thanks

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Welcome to the forum, breeze. Please click the user cp link and complete your BW profile re: vehicle and location as that is often useful information.

It's quite possible it is off it's track. Did you try the search function? I know I've seen a few posts on it before. Can you open it with the manual tool?

I wouldn't keep pushing the power button, though as that will just overtax the motor.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
2000 e430w
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sunroof

thanks for the reply, the search function doesnt have alot on this topic. also , the motor isnt running its just a clicking sound. thanks again

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Search the other models, too, it's the same mechanism in several.

Click as in mechanical or electrical?

And again, does the wrench-tool work to open it manually?

·
Registered
2000 e430w
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks great info
I am irritated, I used the manual tool to open the roof, although it popped it to the up position, it was extremely hard to move. now the hex bolt is stripped and the sunroof is in the up position...... and it looks like rain. the motor is trying to open and close it. but it just looks like the left side is trying to move and not the right.just seems extremly stuck. dont really know where to start now thanks.

what is a profile?

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
thanks great info
I am irritated, I used the manual tool to open the roof, although it popped it to the up position, it was extremely hard to move. now the hex bolt is stripped and the sunroof is in the up position...... and it looks like rain. the motor is trying to open and close it. but it just looks like the left side is trying to move and not the right.just seems extremly stuck. dont really know where to start now thanks.
I never fix the roof myself, but it does sound like a mechanical problem on the right. I would try to dismantle it and see if there is anything stuck there and then clean it and reassemble it and see how, following the six steps in the thread.

·
Registered
2000 e430w
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
disassembled everything, cable on the right side was rusted and stiff , especially the top 12 inches by the roof, cable wouldnt budge. everything else looks fine. I also broke a little tab in the process. total cost for the cable and lift arm is around $85, everything then should be brand new again. thanks for the invaluble links and all your help.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Glad that you are going to have a new roof. Thanks to Onyxblue97 for the links.

·
Registered
2000 e430w
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
finished the roof today everything went fairly??? smooth. the sync was a little more difficult for some reason, than I expected, but finally got it. works great. appreciate everything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts