Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'85 300D Turbo
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving along the other day, and decided to open the sunroof, which has worked fine so far. It opened just a little, then stopped suddenly. Now it won't do anything. I read about a manual sunroof nut, but I'm not sure where it it, and it's raining really hard, so I haven't had much of a chance to look for it. I have a tarp over the car to keep the water out for now. Anyone have any ideas for a quick solution to get it closed? Thanks,

-Tim

·
Registered
Mercedes 300te
1,971 Posts
Hi Some of the 123 models has a sunroof nut included in the car. . Located in the trunk leftside. close to the antenna. There is a piece of plastic with a hole on it upper left corner. The part looks like this:

Maybe you can use a fat screwdriver to turn it. [:)]

Attachments

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
All 123s have a manual crank for the sunroof in the trunk. According to the owner’s manual, the ‘nut’ is the adapter used with a spark plug wrench – to close the roof turn clockwise.

·
Registered
'85 300D Turbo
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. It worked like a charm, although on my car, you turn it counter-clockwise to close it, clockwise to open it. I found the lug wrench fits it, but is difficult to turn due to the trunk hinge being so close to it. I found a 17mm socket with an extension worked very well. Now to figure out why the motor stopped...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts