Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My S550 sunroof shade headliner material is sagging on one side. I need help on how to remove the sliding shade so I can repair. I’ve looked around the web and can’t see a way to get it out on this car. The shade has 2 molded plastic posts with rubber bumpers slid over them that the sunroof bumps into when it opens. Do I need to remove the sunroof? How? Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I will try this weekend. I did see the bumpers on the lining, but couldn't tell how them came off. Have you removed those bumpers before? Any trick?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m stuck on step one, removing the bumper stops. They appear to be in a slot, but no matter how much force I apply I can’t get it to slide out towards the center of the car. I can’t slight movement in the slot but I’m afraid of ripping the thing apart if I force any harder? Any suggestions? Is there a clip to depress, lift, etc?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
Bf5502
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing