Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
CLK 200 kompressor
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was a warm day and I decided to open the sunroof of my 98 CLK 200K (European): as usual, I kept the button pushed, but the sunroof opened only about 2 inches and stopped. So I had to push the button a number of times to reach a full opening. Once fully opened, it begun refusing to close: no action at all pushing or pulling the button. After a number of attempts, it closed when I kept pressed the button upwards (usually this tilts the sunroof) and tilted when I pushed the button horizzontally: Exactly the opposite of the normal operation. When I decided to head the car to the nearest MB dealer, after some back and forth it restarted to behave normally.
What's going on? Have I to reprogram it? But how? My booklet doesn't mention any reprogramming sequence.
Any suggestion?

·
Registered
1999 CLK430
25 Posts
this happens with BMW and Mercedes Sunroofs
What you do is close the sunroof and hold t...

this happens with BMW and Mercedes Sunroofs
What you do is close the sunroof and hold the button in the close position for approx 10 secs and that should reset the sunroof.

·
Registered
CLK 200 kompressor
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks tstakumi. I'll try it the next time it happens. Where do you find such information?...

Thanks tstakumi. I'll try it the next time it happens. Where do you find such information? Are these procedures documented anywhere?

·
Registered
-06' CLS500 Lorinser-08'-MC Design Whips Project SL -06' Land Rover-
419 Posts
It happened to my CLK as well. I disconnected the battery for about 20 minutes. I plugge...

It happened to my CLK as well. I disconnected the battery for about 20 minutes. I plugged it back in and 10 minutes later it worked.

Mark

·
Registered
ML 320, CLK 320
2 Posts
My car had the same problem.

Thanks tstakumi. I just got my car back from the bodyshop and it was doing that. It seems when you lose power for awhile, everything needs to be resync.

·
Registered
1999 CLK430
25 Posts
no prob. I had a bmw before and this is what the dealer told me to do when my sunroof h...

no prob. I had a bmw before and this is what the dealer told me to do when my sunroof had problems. I'm not sure if it is documented. Glad it worked.

·
Registered
C220 CDI T A & A200 CDI A
263 Posts
Changing keys can help also

I had a similar defect once with my CLK. When I had my own key inserted, the sun roof did not work properly. I took my wife's key and it was perfect. After this, I took my key and the roof started working with it also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts