Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 E500
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have this weird problem about my sunroof. It won't close if I press it two clicks (auto close), it will move to the closed position, but then it will back up about 3 inches, like if something was in the way.

I tried doing the re-sync, but that didn't fix it.

Does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
2007 E350 4Matic
51 Posts
Happened to me. Have you tried cleaning the tracks?
Take a soft cloth, old t-shirt etc..., and wipe the tracks clean and try again.

I've read that ideally you want to clean and re-lube them but I only cleaned mine and it works fine.

·
Registered
2002 E 320; 2002 E320 wagon, 2006 E320 CDI, 2010 ML 350 Bluetec, 1981 SD300
141 Posts
That's the way I got mine fixed as well ( same problems like yours Lefix). Clean and lubricate the tracks.

·
Registered
2003 E500
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cleaned and lubed today. No luck.. What else can I do? Some one on MB Forum told me to get my "Pinch Protection" Re-calibrated by a STAR diag system. Anyone knows anything about this or know how much this will cost at a dealer?

Thanks

·
Registered
2001 E240
506 Posts
Cleaned and lubed today. No luck.. What else can I do? Some one on MB Forum told me to get my "Pinch Protection" Re-calibrated by a STAR diag system. Anyone knows anything about this or know how much this will cost at a dealer?

Thanks
I had this problem on my window years ago. Tried all different means but didn't work. Eventually bited the bullet and changed the motor and everything is back to normal. The mechanic betted with me that it shouldn't be the motor. I find out that there is a hall sensor on the shaft of the motor which controls where the window to stop and I believe this sensor is faulty. Took the risk myself to change and ends a saga of 12 months of tossing different parts / means as advised by different people.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts