Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1985 300SD California Spec
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nope it opens just fine, so it is not what you are thinking! :) My buddy Jon and I were working on my car when we found that the sunroof motor in the trunk appears to be wrong. The manual closure does not line up with the hole in the trunk. It appears that the bracket, the motor, or both, or not original to the car (1985 300sd). Anyone have any thoughts? The manual screw is about two inches away from where is should be (shifted towards the back of the trunk). Is the model number in the picture the right one? Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
1990 Mercedes-Benz 420 SEL(RIP),1997 Mercedes-Benz E420
1,936 Posts
besides using the switch up in the cab is there anyway to test and confirm if your motor is working? i played around with it the other day and i noticed i didnt hear any noise. the lines seemed to be snapped and im loosing sleep over this reading tons of posts its 1 AM and still trying to figure out how to open the sunroof...help? lmao

·
Registered
too many
2,134 Posts
There is a manual way to open the sunroof by turning the nut on the motor manually with the right size socket/extension.

·
Registered
1990 Mercedes-Benz 420 SEL(RIP),1997 Mercedes-Benz E420
1,936 Posts
There is a manual way to open the sunroof by turning the nut on the motor manually with the right size socket/extension.
Hello Mark, yes i've tried that several times but the sunroof does not move at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts