Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1985 300tdt with a manual sunroof that I have owned for years. The problem is that the sunroof has started leaking, a lot! I've never had any water leak in before than, WAMO! Huge lakes and water dripping from the headliner regardless of the amount or force of rain. I tried to clean the drains with water pressure and coat hanger and water does drain out. I'm thinking about compressed air next, but I don't think the drains are the problem. Help, from totally dry to soaking wet? What gives?<p><br>Thanks,<p> Josh

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
have you actually had a look at the pipes? You'll not like it! I had the same - both front pipes will be rusted rotten, and the only proper way to get this cured is to get a new sunroof chassis - remove the headlining and replace - or possibly, and only possibly, repair the damage by welding new pipes to front corners, but may be further corrosion. I got a decent second hand chassis, but have still yet to work up the enthusiasm to replace - I think the headliner is the worst part, it's hung a little elaborately! For now I taped up the sunroof gap with matching white electricians tape and don't have a sunroof for now!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lookin' for a wagon

hey, i got a problem. i wrecked my parents '83 300TD and now i have to buy a new one. it needs to be less that $2000. also, the engine and transmission on ours is still in great condition, so getting a car without those functional or in really bad condition is great if the price reflects it. can anyone help me? maybe u know of a website or something were i can look.<br>
thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.