Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 1996 E320 this past month with a few random issues, which are all minor issues really.

One is a problem with the sunroof. It will pop up, pop down, and will close electronically via the switch, but it wont open via the switch (slide open). I can use the allen wrench to open it, but I want to figure this thing out.

One big clue could be that I found a small gauge wire (black and red) that seemed to come from the sunroof motor, but it was torn loose and just hanging loose in the space above the headliner.

Any ideas would be appreciated....

·
Registered
94 s420 250kmiles
827 Posts
the only black and red wires i see pertaining to the sunroof are a 1.5mm and 4mm ground wire in the trunk at the right taillight leading to the CF module in the right side of the trunk.
i think your problem is your switch.

·
Registered
1992 600SEL and 1990 ford taurus GL
270 Posts
Ummm I don't know if I'm all ass-backwards and can't figure out this app, but this is the 140 forum..... not an e-class forum......did u mean s320?/??? If it is e320, then you would find much more help on the approprite forum.

Sorry to call you out, I don't mean to be an ass :( but you won't find help here

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts