Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1989 260e
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took apart the sunroof in 260e. Cleaned everything, changed right lifting arm that was broken. Lubed it all up with gleitpaste. Repaired springs on wind deflector. I now have tilt function, but the wind deflector doesn't tip back down out of the way upon closing sun roof. What is supposed to contact the arms? There doesn't appear to be any part to contact them. I adjusted the arms to their full height with no affect. sorry no camera for pics.

·
Registered
1990 300CE w/AMG parts; 1995 Range Rover; 2005 Ford F-150 Lariat
79 Posts
I did the exact same thing on my 300CE and yeah, the deflector wouldn't get out of the way. The coils on the little springs on either side of the front uncoil to straight metal pins that must fit into two little slots in the roof frame that align with the springs. They also
Try this out. If you notice the position of the springs you'll get them in the proper slots. The deflector attaches to the rails on each side by little mounts that slide into the rails. This breaks it down:
http://www.w124-zone.com/downloads/MB CD/W124/w124CD2/Program/Chassis/77-250.pdf

·
Registered
2008 E350 4M, 1988 300TE
5,432 Posts
Was it difficult to do? One of my lift arms is broken also in my 260R. A project I'll attempt sometime soon...

Anything you followed to do it specifically or just did it by view?

·
Registered
1989 260e
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was not difficult. The online manual helped considerally. I scribed the positions of components and it worked as well as before and i fixed the tilt. pulled the springs back out of deflector so I wouldnt have to manually pull down on deflector. I dont see anything that contacts the arms unless just the sunroof pan itself. the pan comes out very easily by removing 4 8mm screws. Then the cross piece that connects the lift arms and cable connection. The arms lift out while pulling forward. Mine went back in easier than they came out. The most important thing is to mark things before taking them apart.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts