Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I first bought the car, the sunroof wasn't working, but that was solved with a simple fuse change. For a day or so, it worked fine, then it started getting stuck crooked (one side higher than other) and won't really move either way. It's closed now, and the drivers rear corner is lower than the roof level while the right rear corner is even with the roof, the way it's suppsoed to be. It seems as if there's something stuck inside and not letting it move. Anybody have a similar problem before/has any idea of how it could be fixed? thank you, all help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, thank you. Any ideas on how would I go about fixing that? And how big of a job is it? Once again, thank you for the input.

·
66,891 Posts
The railings will have to come off(maybe, it all depends if the railing was damaged when the arm broke), the headliner (inside the sunroof) has to come off, the arms are on each end of the slider. It's a job that requires a lot of patience, precision and balls. I don't know which of these I am lacking right now because I haven't gotten around fixing mine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Broken Sunroof Repair

Izved

I had a similar problem on my 190E - Contact me 'off-forum' at

[email protected]

and I'll send you a zip file containing a load of pix and emails from other forums on the dis-assembly and replacement of broken sunroof parts

I sucessfully did mine - a long, fiddly job, but do-able with only basic tools and skills

Howard
Bath
England

1 - 5 of 5 Posts