Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1979 280CE
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It seems that my sunroof is bent and I can't understand why. I can put my finger between it and the headliner. The passenger side is worse than the drivers. The sunroof opens and closes like it was new. How can I fix this? Thanks

Heres a pic of what im talking about:

·
Registered
1979 280CE
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I was thinking, but I wanted to get someones input first. I'll remove it and take a look at it this weekend. Thanks

·
Registered
'87 300D
1,394 Posts
use an appropriate piece of wood wedged between the liner and the sunroof headliner panel to wedge it off or use one of those interior panel removal tools.

I learned the easy way on how to ruin one on a junkyard car. You can just pull it down by hand and bend the crap out of it without trying.

·
Registered
1979 280CE
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it even possible for the sunroof itself to bend like that?

·
Registered
1979 280CE
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it has been bent for a long time. I had the sunroof pan repaired due to rust many years ago and maybe he bent the panel when he removed it? I dunno, I'll remove the liner and see whats up with it.

·
Registered
77 240d, 02 Ford F250 V10 (7mpg), 05 GMC Denali (The Baby Hauler), 2000 BMW 323CI (was my Bros car)
817 Posts
I would have to say it's just the liner. If I remember correctly there is a metal strip that runs the length of the panel on each side. I think it got bent and needs to be straightened. I don't think the sunroof it self is bent. You would probably notice it on the outside.

·
Registered
1979 280CE
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Doesn't the liner slide into the a metal lip on the sunroof? Like I said I'll take a look.

·
Registered
1979 280CE
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, its just the interior panel bent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts