Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Mercedes S55
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First it started like this: I push the button and it will move about an inch....I know it needs some kind of reset. So I did open the sunroof all the way and kept my finger on the button for 10 seconds. I then closed the roof and kept my finger on for another 10 second. Now if I keep my hand on the button it will close continuously without stopping, but the auto button is still not working. Any ideas?

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
11,212 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

You did the right thing to reset it (you sly devil, you've been doing your reading). I can only think of three possibilities (since the failure of the auto button doesn't happen often):

1) The sunroof tracks need lubrication (but then, the sunroof would close unevenly). It is possible that when you hold the button you overcome resistance that would otherwise stop the sunroof.

2) A hold-down relay is bad (I don't know where such a relay is located - perhaps in the switch itself).

3) A full reset is necessary; do this by pulling the fuse for the sliding roof (it's easier than disconnecting the battery and doing all the resets you may have to after that).

Try 3 first, and check 1.

Looking at your other posts, it seems you may have come across the W220 S-Class Encyclopedia sticky at the top of the forum already. If so, great! If not, take a look at it, it will help in the future. Unfortunately, it doesn't specifically address this problem.

·
Registered
2001 Mercedes S55
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fair enough. I am sure I have the sense to pull out a fuse and out it back. Hopefully it will work. Is there different fuse boxes or it it just one?

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
11,212 Posts
There are three fuse boxes, but only one fuse in this case. As to fuse boxes there is one under the rear seat, passenger side (behind the courtesy light; no need to remove the seat); and one on each side of the engine compartment, near the firewall.

It will help us to respond better to your questions if you will complete the information under your screen name (see the user ControlPanel) - year and model (especially), and at least the continent you live on if you don't want to be more specific. All can have an effect on an answer.

The W220 S-Class Encyclopedia has links to several fuse diagrams for different years. Use it if you can't find your fuse diagram (it is originally stored in the tool compartment in the spare tire well - usually wrapped around the screwdriver blade).

·
Registered
2001 Mercedes S55
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got you. I just entered my information. I saw the fuse diagram near the spare tire. Will look at that and do some of the suggestions and let you know. You have been a great help. Thanks!

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
11,212 Posts
:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts