Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1996 C280 Sport
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody ... Happy thanksgiving to everyone !!! lol :D

I had gotten sick of looking at my crappy headliner which I am soon to cure ... so I decided to start un-clipping things and got it off and out
Now I have no insulation and it's cold !!!

Anyways I had taken the eight screws out on top via sun roof to get the panel out which was fine ... But the other day I was driving down the freeway and it flew open in the front area of the sunroof and I had to hold on to it !!!! :eek:

Also It seems on the left side where the rubber housing is that clip sometimes wont let the sunroof go back and it will get stuck ????? :eek:

I was wondering If any one has had this happen before and any advice they could give me .. I need it to seal for the rainy season !!!

·
Registered
1996 C280 Sport
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
0o0o Well thx for that .. What I did was remove the metal sliders to get the sliding panel out I thought it held it back :confused:

The sunroof itself now slides back but sometimes gets stuck ..and Why can the wind now push the front(side closest to the dome light) open going about 50 mph ??? How does that happen ?? Any clues :crybaby2:

·
Registered
1996 C280 Sport
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well thanks for the info !!Wichipong!!

Figured I just go visit my car out in the garage and "medicate" enjoy my seat before I hit the sack lol

Got done and said hell I'm going to try putting the metal sliders right under the sunroof back on ... I found out due to them being gone the upper tracks run lower causing space to open up in the back which while speeding :thumbsup:

The wind is allowed to cruise through the rubber and lift the front of the window up .. and if your going around 80 would probably cause the wind to break your arms, hangers, etc to break off and go flying into the semi-truck behind you causing a pile up of 74 cars ::exaggerating::

Hope this helps anyone in the future searching for easy cheap solutions
Don't take off those sliders and expect your window to be ok !!!

I'll post pics of my Burgundy headliner on black leather interior soon ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts