Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 sl500
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 1998 SL500 for my wife. The plastic flap that covers the mirror on the sun visor has cracked and is a dark yellow color as compared to the rest of the visor. Should I replace the whole visor or is the mirror insert assembly available as a seperate part. Also, the housing that contains the two map lights and the rear view mirror has cracked on one side. The dealer told me 700+ as the whole assembly must be replaced. Sounds like he might be full of it. The mirror and remote functions and lights all work fine. Any advise on what I should do?

BTW, both sunvisors have changed color. Is this a common problem? Is there a good place on line to get parts?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
visor mirror

You can replace just the mirror insert as a whole. I did it on mine and and the color was different due to age that i replaced the other one About $55.00 each from dealer. I don't know about the upper mirror piece i replaced my with wood for $250

·
Registered
98 sl500
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where did you get the wood?

I assume you are talking about the housing that contains the map lights and rearview mirror? Where did you get it? Real wood or fake?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
yes, replaced the housing with real wood, from (performanceproducts.com ) you can reque...

yes, replaced the housing with real wood, from (performanceproducts.com ) you can request a catalog from them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts