Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as of last week the electric motor in the roof decided thst it would only open the sun roof and refuse to close.<br>it opens easy (without struggle)<br>but when its time to close, i get nothing not even the sound of the motor, just nothing.<br>please help in finding the problem.<br>i am hoping that someone will say its just a matter of a new switch in the dash.<br>thanks louis

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In car Back locker near the left side spring which helps the door went close is litle bolt when you use that with specific tool roof will be hand useable this same will be readable in owners manual<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
: In car Back locker near the left side spring which helps the door went close is litle bolt when you use that with specific tool roof will be hand useable this same will be readable in owners manual<p><p>thanks but i have allready found the bolt and have managed to close it<p>the problem now is getting it fixed <p>do you know if it's something that is "do it your self" , or will i have to take it in to be fixed ?($$$$??) <br> thanks louis<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
: as of last week the electric motor in the roof decided thst it would only open the sun roof and refuse to close.<br>it opens easy (without struggle)<br>but when its time to close, i get nothing not even the sound of the motor, just nothing.<br>please help in finding the problem.<br>i am hoping that someone will say its just a matter of a new switch in the dash.<br>thanks louis<p>My problem was the opposite. Would not open, but closed great. I found it was the switch. If you take off the plastic piece that covers the motor, you can find the wires going to the motor. If you take apart the connection, you will find 2 wires. If you put a ground wire to one, and a positive wire to the other, the sunroof should go one way. Then reverse the wires, and the sun roof should go the other way. If this works, then your switch is probably bad.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: sun roof won't close

thanks <br> i did a few tests with a meter<br> and made that same asumption <br> AUD$85 ($5US)<br> all fixed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.