Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 C350, 2009 CLK 550 Cab
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was closing the sunroof on my 2009 C300, the roof would get just to the the end of the closing cycle, hesitate and then slide back 4 inches and stop with the roof partially open. Tried it several times opening all the way and trying to close-always the same result-hesitate and then stop open 4 inches.

As I finally get out of the car, I decide to try the close and lock feature on the smartkey. The roof closes completly.

Before I take it in to the dealer, I thought I would ask if anyone else has experienced a similar issue.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
It's common and a search will show informative thread. It will require a trip to dealer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You might not have to go to the dealership. It is a common issue and can even happen to your windows. They become "out-of-sync". The owner's manual has the directions on how to synchronize the sunroof.
1. Switch on the ignition
2. Press and hold the sunroof switch in the direction of the arrow until the tilt/sliding sunroof is fully raised at the rear.
3. Keep holding the sunroof switch in the direction of the arrow for approximately 1 second.
4. Check the express-operation feature.

If the til/sliding sunroof opens completely, the sunroof is synchronized. Otherwise repeat the above steps.

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
I looked at my invoice when it was repaired on my 2008 C300 in Dec. 09, no problem since. They did a "short test" and "control unit - software install", then performed sunroof normalization and teach-in process.

·
Registered
2012 C350, 2009 CLK 550 Cab
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You might not have to go to the dealership. It is a common issue and can even happen to your windows. They become "out-of-sync". The owner's manual has the directions on how to synchronize the sunroof.
1. Switch on the ignition
2. Press and hold the sunroof switch in the direction of the arrow until the tilt/sliding sunroof is fully raised at the rear.
3. Keep holding the sunroof switch in the direction of the arrow for approximately 1 second.
4. Check the express-operation feature.

If the til/sliding sunroof opens completely, the sunroof is synchronized. Otherwise repeat the above steps.
Just like he said. Worked perfectly.

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
Excellent outcome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts