Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody

My sun roof was working fine until now. It's stuck in opened position.
Not all the way though but I need a few suggestion (fuse ? I can't seem to find it) switch ? motor ?

Thanks

·
Registered
680 Posts
I've always loved that DIY - thx !!!

If you're lucky (sort of) and you can still hear the motor trying to close it, then it's some clutching gone bad in the motor. One day mine would not close, but would still open - had to manually crank it shut.

You do know it can be cranked shut ? If you don't, then by the motor (in trunk, left, under rear window, you use the tire iron, place the lug end over the lug that sticks out, and turn in one direction to close, the other to open (don't recall which is which).

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I've always loved that DIY - thx !!!

If you're lucky (sort of) and you can still hear the motor trying to close it, then it's some clutching gone bad in the motor. One day mine would not close, but would still open - had to manually crank it shut.

You do know it can be cranked shut ? If you don't, then by the motor (in trunk, left, under rear window, you use the tire iron, place the lug end over the lug that sticks out, and turn in one direction to close, the other to open (don't recall which is which).
Some (if not all??) models come with a handy tool that is located in the same area of the trunk... :thumbsup:

Fuse box is on drivers side firewall. If you're missing the fuse chart, let us know someone can find it for you.

·
Premium Member
16,161 Posts
Some (if not all??) models come with a handy tool that is located in the same area of the trunk... :thumbsup:

Fuse box is on drivers side firewall. If you're missing the fuse chart, let us know someone can find it for you.
IIRC the early models required the special tool. The later models already have a white 17mm bolt that allows the lug wrench to be used to close the sunroof manually.

According to the manual, to close the sunroof, turn it clockwise:

PIEL DE TORO

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you MBeige

the 17mm bolt can do it inch by inch for me so I got bored ....

but thanks to -who you know best and better -

after looking harder : it was only the hard-to-spot d-Fuse in the pannel box.

Replaced it and there you go again : Sun or Shades again

Many TKS BENZWORLD

·
Premium Member
16,161 Posts
Thank you MBeige

the 17mm bolt can do it inch by inch for me so I got bored ....

but thanks to -who you know best and better -

after looking harder : it was only the hard-to-spot d-Fuse in the pannel box.

Replaced it and there you go again : Sun or Shades again

Many TKS BENZWORLD
Glad you got it fixed! :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts