Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
R230 SL350 Presnt, Past - W208 CLK230K 2000, W203 C Class, W202 C Class, W210 E Class, W201 190E
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read on the previous posts in this forum of common sunroof problems, but as of yet cannot find one that is the same as my problem.

I have just stripped the sunroof apart to find out why the left side was not tilting up by the right side was? I discovered when I removed all the glass, trim, and brackets etc to get a better look, that the left side seems to only move a little, compared to the right side functioning fine on forward back and tilt.

I removed the motor under the central light and found that there was alot of brown gunk possibly rust around the motor spindle cog. What I think has happened is that the teeth on mechanism that the cog turns to pull the cables back and forth has worn for the left side in certain places. And because the right side seems to work, then I presume that the motor cog is not worn?

However it may be worth trying to see if I can replace the motor cog other wise I dont know what else I can do? If I replace the left cable would this work ?can anyone give advise?

The only thing to come out of this is that I have got very good at dismmanteling the sunroof and if anyone needs help let me know (I also have videos)

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1998 E320, 2000 SLK-sold, 2007 CLS550
6 Posts
I would love the blow by blow on how to disassemble. My mechanic just diagnosed my with broken cable(s) and quoted $585 to replace cables. I'm pretty good at doing my own repairs if I can just get the low down on how to disassemble. Thanks.

·
Registered
R230 SL350 Presnt, Past - W208 CLK230K 2000, W203 C Class, W202 C Class, W210 E Class, W201 190E
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will see if I can get the video on the you tube or something and take some photos from my car to show you,..... Watch this space

·
Registered
My Two Left Feet
3,183 Posts
raymond- said:
the videos should be the same or similar to those hosted by Mr Pie, yes?

W210 Home Page
SUPER WOWOWOWOWOOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW. Why hasnt this been the DIY section. This link is amazing

·
Registered
1996 210.020
3,972 Posts
slybydesignw210 said:
Why hasnt this been the DIY section.
The video is owned by M-B, and they would rather sell it to you. It is included with the 210 DVD, and also on a much cheaper CD.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts