Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the sumitomo's on my 63 for about 650 miles now...245/275s.

Handling is on par, but not exactly the same as with the PZeros. Traction off the line is improved slightly, still trying to master the throttle so not quite sure. Only real difference I noticed besides seeing more meat on the rear end is road noise/road sensitivity has gone up. I tend to feel highway conditions more and tires are a little louder, but bearable.

A good tire for the price. I would buy them again maybe trying 265s out back next time.

·
Premium Member
Mercedes-Benz
11,490 Posts
I have the sumitomo's on my 63 for about 650 miles now...245/275s.

Handling is on par, but not exactly the same as with the PZeros. Traction off the line is improved slightly, still trying to master the throttle so not quite sure. Only real difference I noticed besides seeing more meat on the rear end is road noise/road sensitivity has gone up. I tend to feel highway conditions more and tires are a little louder, but bearable.

A good tire for the price. I would buy them again maybe trying 265s out back next time.
I run these Sumitomos on my Audi and completely agree with the above. They're definitely noisier than the Pirellis I have on my CL500 (and more to the point, noisier than the Contis they replaced) but overall they perform well and were definitely a good buy. Different models so YMMV obviously but there you have it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had Sumitomi HTR Z II on my Lancer Evolution as my 2nd set of tires. Theres tires were horrible. The sidewalls were as soft as goo, and took away a LOT from its performance. I would never go near Sumitomi again.

·
Registered
2004 CLK 500
17 Posts
I have them on my Porsche, and a lot of Porsche owners are now using them.

Best bang for the buck - you won't be disappointed.:thumbsup:
+1 Have them on my 911TT and think that they are great--I'm not a street racer or track guy, so for daily driving duties, they are very comfortable, reliable and perform great. And the cost for the set was just a little more than ONE Michelin tire :eek: You can't go wrong :cool:

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,627 Posts
Good overall Tires

I have them on my Beetle, Z31 turbo and Z32 (Nissan 300zx) twin turbo and as long as you drive within the limits, you're fine. They are no P-Zeros or G'Year's GS-D3 or all the other much more xpensive summer tires. However, for normal daily driving on dry, wet and non snowy pavement, can't beat them.

I do agree with ahmadhasib's comment about the sidewalls beeing soft. But that's only noticeable usually when you're getting close to the limits - for example, I go through a tight righthander on my way from work. On my E430, with G'Year's Eagle F1-GS-D3, I take that bend effortlessly at 90. With the Sumis, I stay at 70.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts