Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Looking to buy One in January!!!!!!
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to make my purchase in January. I still haven't found the Benz for me. Any suggestions? Definately has to do well in snow and have plenty of trunk room.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
Regardless of what class you buy, I'd suggest a 4matic with an extra set of wheels and snow tires on 4 corners.

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,727 Posts
I did find the right Benz for me and those diesel wagons 4-Matics sell very cheap in England, but beside shipping problems -they have steering wheel on wrong side ;)
Good luck on your search. I agree with MM that for your driving 4-Matic is highly advised, although I drove 4-Matic in snow blizzard on sport tires and it did fine.
BTW did you notice the we both drive E class?

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
...I agree with MM that for your driving 4-Matic is highly advised, although I drove 4-Matic in snow blizzard on sport tires and it did fine. BTW did you notice the we both drive E class?
I would think 4matic would be OK with all season or sport tires too But for extra protection I still think snow tires is the way to go. We typically get very little snow here in the Ohio river valley but so far this year we have gotten more than usual. I have 2 other cars, both FWD, and the MB stays under the carport if there is any snow or salt on the roads.

LOL, and yes, Kajtek1 and I both lean toward the E-Class!

·
Registered
1962 W111 220SE Coupe
2,289 Posts
Have you an idea if you might prefer a sedan, coupe or SUV? That will help narrow the offerings a bit and maybe we can advise you better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts