Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 c280
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to MB and my recently purchased 1999 c280 is nearing the mileage (age?)of service/repair needs beyond the comparatively simple and inexpensive oil, filter, and tire replacements.

Would any of you MB drivers in the Austin area care to recommend shops and (or) mechanics that you've had good luck with (or any to avoid!)? Although I personally have no experience with the local MB dealer, my instincts and past experiences with other car $tealerships has me a bit wary -- at least before asking for advice from those of you with actual experience in this area of central Texas.

So, I would appreciate any feedback regarding our service/repair options for Mercedes vehicles (dealers or otherwise) in the Austin, TX area.

Thanks!

·
Registered
sl500,560sSL,560SEC,S350,S550,Sprinter 2500 170" high top
56 Posts
Welcome to MBZ ownership- one suggestion I'll give you is to join the Mercedes Benz Club, Austin Chapter.
Not only that you will be able to get discounts on repair from you $tealerships, as you call them; you also get valuable information on simple DIY tech tips, local MBZ garage tech sessions, meet nice enthusiasts around your neighborhood! As a matter of fact, our next meeting is on Thursday,April 14th 2 the Brick Oven on hwy 183N near the Arboretum area @ 6:30 pm.

Our recommended places to take your car:

Ben's Workshop
410 Pressler
Austin, tx
512 472-5555

German Auto Center
2613 Buell Ave
Austin, Texas
512 452-6437

Hope this helps

·
Registered
500E
45 Posts
As a matter of fact, our next meeting is on Thursday,April 14th 2 the Brick Oven on hwy 183N near the Arboretum area @ 6:30 pm.
Great!! I'll try and make it as well.[8D]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts