Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,<br> <br> This is my first post on this site. It looks like a great place to learn about MB so I have a question. My wife is in the market for a 2001 SLK230, silver/charcoal. In searching the web for this vehicle, alot of the search engines require you to enter a zip code and then local dealers will contact us. However, there are not alot of cars to choose from in this area so we would like to cast our net wider. Does anyone have a suggestion for a reputable MB auto broker that we could contact to help us search for this vehicle nationwide?<br> <br> Thanks for any help.<br> <br> Steve

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm assuming that you are looking for a new 2001... just curious why a 2002 model wouldn't work for you? It would seem the expense of locating and getting the vehicle from out of your area would be about the same as a new-model year price increase. With such a competitive market, can’t your local salesperson help you?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Richard,<br> <br> I guess we haven't quite settled yet on whether we would try for a new or slightly used 2001 or maybe even a 2000 to try to stay under $40K. For that reason, we wanted to look at the used market before looking at an '02 model.<br> <br> Any thoughts on nationwide brokers? Our local salesman won't look at anything but a new 2002 for us.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm afraid I haven't dealt with brokers in a number of years. Used vehicles can be found through msn.com, yahoo.com, traderonline.com, edmunds.com, etc. You might even try the Associated Press (online newspapers) at http://wire.ap.org/public_pages/WirePortal.pcgi You then can select from different regions of the US, select a specific state and then look at the classified ads for the local newspaper. Certainly gives you an idea of pricing as you look around the US. Only problem looking like you are is while that used M-B might look good, you don't really get a feel for the owner and how it was actually maintained...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Need advice on how to market my SUV

<br> I have a black 1999 SUV ML340 Mercedes Benz and I would like to sell it. How do I go about putting it on the net? I am a 58 year old female and this SUV is more than I need. It has 38,700.00 miles and never spent a night out of a garage. I went to Florida a couple of times. Other than that I just went shopping. The vehicle has no marks on it and only two people have ridden in it.<br> <br> Thank you kindly<br> <br> Mrs. Hugnes

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,<br> <br> I am a new MB broker out of Canada, if you are interested in a 2000 or newer MB then I can get you a car with very low miles at a low price. My price includes delivery to your door, because the car is a 2000 or newer there aren't any modifications required to title the car in the U.S. The only thing you would have to pay is the tax when you title the car in your state.<br> I can get you a car for a low price because of the U.S dollar. <br> <br> Let me know if you are interested.<br> <br> Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts