Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriously considering the C230 coupe for my next car with Automatic. However, I would like a few opinions on how everyone on this board likes their coupe. This will be my first Mercedes and I have done much research, but I would like real world opinions..<br> <br> I live in Southern Cal (Laguna Niguel to be exact and I am looking for some good dealer references.. Also, did anyone get Tele-Aid>> Is the subscription expensive??<br> <br> Any other opinions regarding packages etc would be helpful... I am thinking about C1, C4 and C5.<br> <br> I am wondering whether the Bose system and CD changer is something I should get or would I have better luck at a shop.<br> <br> Thanks for all your input..<br> <br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well..i got my first car...or rather..the first car i choose myself !!!..a c coupe in orion blue too...but this is not the first mercedes in my family...<br> <br> well...just like u...when i have plans to get this car...i wanted to get the heated seats..the power seats..the luxury package...but alas..when the price is released...i dun see the need for it..<br> <br> firstly..abt the power seat...we dun need it!!..haha...at least for me...heated seat??.i dunno hows the weather there for u..but for me..is alright..<br> <br> let me tell u something...the bose sound system is something u shld get...and if u dunwan to spend a big chunk of money on after market wheels..get the c7 wheel package...for 750..u get 17 inches wheels....alumininum studded gas and brakes pedal...<br> <br> also..if u want a car like wat you said..most likely u have to wait for ages!!!!!....i had to wait 3 mths if i insisted on the wait..but now...<br> i waited 2 wks before i get my car....<br> <br> it is almost the base model....with bose system..with the wheel package..with the roof and cd changer...and aftermarket leather my dealer is contracted to...<br> <br> aftermarket leather is almost the same price as factory leather...but u can customise everything!...i am glad i choose it..although the installer screwed up my schedule....i am having 2 tones leather seat now...and i really enjoy the car...<br> <br> i hope my views which are personal..will be helpful to u!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you considered the Audi A4 1.8T?

The way I would configure the C-coupe, it is already in the $30k's which I think is too expensive for this car. I'm not sure how many options you are going to put on yours, but for that much I like the Audi A4 or BMW 325. I know there is a certain nostalgia that this car brings, especially with the panorama roof, but it's not worth more than $30k to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big MB fan, but try out the A4 and see if you like it. If the C230 still makes more happy, then by all means, get it!<br> <br> My two cents,<br> Justin

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Have you considered the Audi A4 1.8T?

I agree with Justin. The Audi A4 is very refined and stands on it's on merits. I'm a turbo freak, and if the C wasn't for my wife; I'd have bought one!<br> <br> Rob C.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I agree with Justin. The Audi A4 is very refined and stands on it's own merits. I'm a turbo freak, and if the C wasn't for my wife; I'd have bought one!<br> <br> Rob C.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I tried the c coupe..the bimmer 325...the lexus is 300..and also the a4<br> <br> out of those..i choose c coupe..after the coupe is lexus...the a4 is pretty good..but for a car that size..the back seems pretty small...and i dun really like the look of its back...<br> <br> actually..i must admit that is300 is a better car the c coupe...with a sticker price of around 32k..it comes with power seats..heated seats...and so fore...<br> <br> but my c coupe..which has a sticker price of 32k...comes with the roof...the cd changer..the bose sound..and leather seat.....<br> <br> i choose c coupe..because it is a MERCEDES...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Actually, I saw the C230 at the auto show and fell in love with it. After the test drive, I can't stop thinking about it... so, no I haven't considered the Audi. With me, it usually it a one car deal (ie I have a perfectly good car, see an even better one and have to have that particular car). <br> <br> Has anyone got the Tele-Aid as an option? I am kind of wondering what the subscription cost of that is??<br> <br> Also, I saw the Lorinser body kit for the coupe and now i am just looking forward to the day when my auto settlement comes so that I can buy this car...<br> <br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

um, no, i didn't consider the audi... that is i went to see it, test drive but wasn't too impressed. this is the new model. i was looking at the quattro. my friend has a 2001 model avant 1.8t and we carpool. every other day - his audi and my mb... i'm glad i got my car. just my opinion.<br> <br> the bmw is very nice! and i'd rather get the lexus is300 (despite the tail lights) over the audi...<br> <br> about the $30k, yes, i do think that you can get a ton of stuff for it but i didn't. key recommended options for me: c2 and c7<br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

i don't really like the C coupe. it is little bit too small. seats are so, so. trunk really small.<br> e-brake is foot operated like in american cars. Engine is too noisy, it almost sounds like old Subaru. 1.8t engine is so much nicer.<br> i think Audi is better choise.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1.8T and TeleAid

My wife has a 2000 A4 1.8T w/Automatic. Its a fine car. <br>
<br>
On teleaid, its a $750 option on the C230, and after the first year, it reportedly runs a bit over $200/year to keep it running. <br>
<br>
And the insurance discount is miniscule, as its only off of the Comprehensive [theft] portion, and not your total bill.<br>
<br>
<br>
-hh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts