Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2011 ML 350 Bluetec
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three days ago my Bluetec wouldn't accelerate, even with the pedal to the floor. It just very slowly came up to speed. When it would eventually shift gears it would do it with a jerky slam. Then when I would slow down to stop at a light it would start to shudder with engine braking. The check engine light came on and stayed on. This continued for an hour until I parked it back in the garage. Next day (Sunday) everything was fine and the Check Engine Light was out. I took it in to the dealer this morning. They called today and said that a code was thrown showing a faulty pressure sensor in the Adblue system. They felt this could have caused all of these seemingly transmission related issues. They replaced the item and will be test driving it tomorrow. Hard to imagine the sensor could cause all this, but I have to go with the experts. Has anyone else had such a bizarre event occur?

·
Registered
2008 ML320CDI Iridium Silver/Black, NAV, P2 pkg, Sirius, Harmon Kardon. Active Bi-Xenon
478 Posts
Most emission related sensors will pitch a check engine light as well as throwing the vehicle in to Limp home mode. I am sure once this is replaced all will be well.

·
Registered
2011 ML 350 Bluetec
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it back from the dealer and so far so good. The fault item was the "differential pressure sensor for the diesel particulate filter." Still hard to imagine that this would cause the problem but time will tell. If it's a tranny problem it will come back!

·
Registered
2008 GL320 CDI, 2004 SL600, 2003 C320, 1998 K1500 Silverado
16 Posts
A number of us in the X164 forum had the DPF sensor issue during this harsh winter. The symptoms were all the same...limp home mode, no CEL. A restart would sometimes reset it for a little while, but eventually it would be all limp mode. That limp mode made me think trans issue too...since no visible fault appeared! After the sensor change, we've all been good.

·
Registered
83 300CD, 07 ML320 CDI, 04 WRX, 86 300D (totalled by my neighbor), 85 300D (sold)
875 Posts
The cold weather will definitely make it harder for our diesels to "regenerate". Especially if we drive short distances where it takes about 20 minutes to fully complete the regeneration process. (based on my research of how regeneration works on other vehicles). I know the DPF needs to reach about 600F to "burn" all the soot on the DPF. This winter was really long and cold. I want make sure I make long trips every 1000 miles to make sure the DPF can have a chance to clean itself. How I wish we had a DPF indicator light to give us more info. From what i read - our system regenerates every 700 or so miles. Or sooner if our differential pressure guage detects blockage of DPF.

·
Registered
2011 ML 350 Bluetec
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's reassuring to hear others have experienced the same and had it fixed with the sensor replacement

·
Registered
2009 ML320 Bluetec, 2013 Tesla Model S 85
875 Posts
That happened to me on a 1900 mile trip 10 days after buying my used ML320.

Took 5 or 6 trips to the dealer. New AdBlue injector, NOx sensor, pressure sensor, until finally they traced the wiring and found a bad connection under the rear seat or trunk.

·
Registered
2009 ML320 Bluetec
1 Posts
Three days ago my Bluetec wouldn't accelerate, even with the pedal to the floor. It just very slowly came up to speed. When it would eventually shift gears it would do it with a jerky slam. Then when I would slow down to stop at a light it would start to shudder with engine braking. The check engine light came on and stayed on. This continued for an hour until I parked it back in the garage. Next day (Sunday) everything was fine and the Check Engine Light was out. I took it in to the dealer this morning. They called today and said that a code was thrown showing a faulty pressure sensor in the Adblue system. They felt this could have caused all of these seemingly transmission related issues. They replaced the item and will be test driving it tomorrow. Hard to imagine the sensor could cause all this, but I have to go with the experts. Has anyone else had such a bizarre event occur?
I have a 2009 ML320 Bluetec and I have the same issue. The cruise control won't even hold the speed. My mechanic replaced the EVR or EVG valve, still hasn't fixed the problem. How did your test drive go?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts