Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving out of NYC last night when all of my electric accesories went south in the span of about 10 minutes. My SRS light and Washer Fluid light were the only lights that lit. I nursed the car off 287 on to 78 where the whole car took a crap. Had it towed etc.
I went to investigate this morning and it started right up, no noises, lights or problems. Figuring it was a battery, alternator, etc, I checked the charging system with a meter. 13.8 w/o accessories. 13.6 with. I still have a 225 mile ride south, and I'm going to get the charging system checked out as soon as I post this. Any thoughts from the experts. The car runs and drives fine right now...?

I have a 1990 2.6 w/ 70K

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Get some long leads and leave the meter on and run it into the cabin so you can monitor the charging system as you drive down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
rjb190e
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing