Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 SL550
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
I hope you can help me as my car threw multiple error codes.

This morning my car would not unlock electronically via the key fob so I used the metal key to enter manually. I noticed that initially the alarm blinking light was working when attempting to open the door a few times but was not blinking by the time I used the metal key.

I started the car with the keyfob in the ignition and the alarm went on for half a second. Then when starting the engine, I got the orange triangle on the dash. The car started fine but the triangle was there even after turning the car off and on a few times. I ran a diagnostic and got multiple errors, all pointing to voltage/battery issues. It's worth mentioning that the consumer battery was changed on 07/2019.
Also, after running the car for about 10min while parked, the doors could lock and unlock electronically again.

Probably not related but I washed my car yesterday with a pressure hose. There was no water leakage in the back of the car but I didn't check the bonnet.

Anyone can help with what may be wrong? I'm afraid to take the car out.

This past week I've had the below 3 errors in the diagnostic but no actual errors experienced while driving:

B1 013-001 Terminal 1 5: Short circuit to battery. THIS ERROR I've had for a week or so and have cleared it but it comes back.

B1 000 Control Module 'N1 0/1 (Passenger Acquisition and actuation Module))'1 is faulty. If there is no customer complaint the fault can be cleared. THIS ERROR I've had for a week or so and have cleared it but it comes back.

XALAWA-L Xenon headlamp left and also an error for the right one. I tried all the lights (including fog etc) and they all worked fine.

This morning I had all the below errors:

4201: Increase of idling set speed
B1 1 3D control module electronic ignition switch detects under voltage.
B1 128 Control module ICM/KIW detects under-voltage
B1 01 0 Under voltage supply
B1 000 Control Module 'N1 0/1 (Passenger Acquisition and actuation Module))'1 is faulty. If there is no customer complaint the fault can be cleared. THIS ERROR I've had for a week or so and have cleared it but it comes back.
B1 010 The Supply voltage of the control module is too low
B1 013-001 Terminal 1 5: Short circuit to battery. THIS ERROR I've had for a week or so and have cleared it but it comes back.
B1 010 The Supply voltage of component N72 is too low.
B1 410-008 M20 Steering column adjustment group) component M20m2 is faulty
B1 410-006 M20 [...] is faulty
B1 338-003 B1 2/2 (refrigerant pressure and temperature sensor1) The component is faulty or the wire has short circuit or open circuit
9010 Control module 'N52 (RVC control module);detects under-voltage. RVC-Rollover bar/vario roof control module
B1 440- 14 The Maximum operating time for switch S62/21 (Trunbk lid keyless go) is exceeded
B1 010 the operating voltage is out of permissible range. The voltage was below 8.5v during 1s
Errors in SCM steering column module, Pneumatic system equipment, DCM-L Door control module left, AAC automatic air conditioning
Error System diagnosis (CAN)

·
Registered
2009 SL550
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: I reset the traction control error light by turning the wheel either side. I also tested the battery voltage and it's at 11.6 with engine switched off and goes all the way up to 14 with the engine on.
The diagnostic errors remain even after I reset the traction error but otherwise the car works as normal.

Should I just reset the errors using the diagnostic and see if they come back?

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,447 Posts
Yes, reset the errors. It sounds like you may need a new battery, or if you don't drive it much, a battery tender.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts