Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[:(] On recent trip (against my better judgement) from Reading, Pennsylvania to Baltimore Maryland - about a 2 hour 30 minute trip with my 1984 190E
(130 K mileage) I suddenly lost ability to accelerate and was forced to trail off of the freeway. Since this, my engine will turn over, but refuses to start. Full power exists. Distributor Cap and Rotor were replaced with mechanic claiming they were "burned up". Fuel line is fine.
Was raining? could there be water involved. HELP THIS POOR NAIVE WOMAN! Could use a free manual hookup on the net to share with my baffled small town mechanic.

·
Registered
249 Posts
just wondered if you had since replaced all fuel filters?

·
BenzWorld W126 & W201 Host
1,159 Posts
Sounds like the fuel pump relay went bad.

If that's the case, you can usualy take the relay apart and re-solder the dry or cracked joints and your back in business.

·
Registered
119 Posts
in your case it is simple

when the key is in position 2 (engine on but starter not engaged) can you (or the Mech.) hear the fuel pump working (found near the right rear wheel well). Also when the you remove the gas cap is there a whoosh sound.

And not wanting to sound Sexist - but did you by chance run out of Gas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
benzlvr
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing