Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

W220 Moderator
Hi,

Cylinder Shut Off Valve is only fitted to V12 Cars !!

Keep studying the Wiring Diagram, it will become clear, you only need to concentrate on the right hand end of the Doc number I gave you, you will see the 8 Coils and 8 Injectors along the bottom of the WD, and the component numbers are de coded for you in a list :wink

I have told you where I would look first in my previous post #17 and I do this stuff for a living day in day out :wink

It is highly likely that this problem is related to a common connection feeding Injectors or Coil Packs on the dead bank.

HTH,

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
Solved and share

Well it was the catalytic converter and was confirmed by removing the primary O2 sensor.

With the 1st sensor removed the engine ran perfect.

I spent hours sourcing a reasonably priced replacement and thought I'd share.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=40503+catalytic&ref=nb_sb_noss4

It is what they call a "direct fit" unbolt the old section and bolt in the replacement.

So if your engine suddenly runs like the video most likely a completely clogged catalytic converter.

Very odd that it never rattled or gave any sign of failure till it did, suddenly and completely !

W220 Moderator
Well it was the catalytic converter and was confirmed by removing the primary O2 sensor.
Very odd that it never rattled or gave any sign of failure till it did, suddenly and completely !
Hi,

I'm glad you've got it sorted, and thanks for sharing the cause :)

I too have never heard of one failing that quickly and catastrophically with no warning signs, especially to the point that it is so blocked the affected Cylinders will not fire on Idle .................

Good call pulling out the Pre CAT Lambda on that bank :)

I would have thought that Lambda's Data would have been flat lining at an end of scale reading with a blockage like that :dunno:

Weird lol, but every day is a School day :wink

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
8 Participants
Dave2302
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing