Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
'72 350SL, '85 300D, '98 E320, '19 Subaru Outback (sold '14 GLK250)
10,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
You can also measure the resistance across the ground connector and the blower motor connector with the regulator completely removed. If not high resistance, then it is bad.
Ok, assuming Blue & Black are the connections to check - My regulator measures 6.5ohms. Not very high!
Just got the new Behr regulator. Measures something like 12 Megaohms between blue & black.

·
Premium Member
'72 350SL, '85 300D, '98 E320, '19 Subaru Outback (sold '14 GLK250)
10,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Ok, as expected, my existing (modified) harness will just plug into the new Behr regulator. Reg. came with heat sink paste, so all I had to do was remove bad regulator, clean surfaces, apply heat sink paste, screw new reg in place and plug in the harness.

But, things are never that easy :(. What I found, was that one of the threaded holes in the blower casting was partly stripped. The screws don't go in that far and it is not hard to strip the thread. Luckily those holes are threaded quite deeply. I was lucky to find a longer screw (but not Torx!) and it got a good grip.

Could be that the bad thread might have contributed to the failure of the previous unit. One screw (the one in slot) was loose when I removed it.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts