Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

If i install an infinity subwoofer into my Mercedes ML320 4x4, will it void the current warranty on the vehicle?
thanks

·
Registered
1985 Mercedes 300TD, 2014 GLK250 Bluetec
202 Posts
Only the systems altered. If you sound amp dies, it wouldn't be covered or any damaged wiring associated with the area of the sub or to the stereo system. Everything else should be covered with no problem. If the dealer tells you otherwise; don't take no. For example, transmission dies under warranty, there is no reason it won't be covered.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thats what i thought at first,
but what if lets say the battery dies?
Could they not just blame the malfunction on the sub overloading the battery?

·
Registered
1985 Mercedes 300TD, 2014 GLK250 Bluetec
202 Posts
I doubt it, mainly because for a battery at least. A technician is going to get paid better under warranty for that than customer pay. Remember, its really up to a technician to decide what was is the problem and why. If he feels that the sub was installed poorly and found it draining the battery, then yes, warranty would not cover it.

·
Registered
2003 S600,2007 C350, 1994 C280
17 Posts
in order for something to void the warranty, it must be proven that it was that the modification was the cause of the failure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh ok so its basically up to the technician and whether hes a tool or not..

Btw i've read on other forums that "the ML 4x4 bens dont handle well to subwoofers, it usually shorts the electrical system in the vehicle, so it is completely useless unless someone decides to rewire the whole car, but that is very pricey."
Is this true?
thnx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts