Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
CLK430
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn Mercedes insulated the cabin so well on the w208 that when I close the rear seats my bass diminishes drastically. So I'm looking for another placement option. Anyone have any experience with mounting a 12" sub on the rear deck? If weight is an issue I might go with some free airs. Sure I'd ask a local stereo shop, but hell anytime you ask those guys they say, "Yeah we can do that", even when it might not be the best thing.
I've also been thinking of replacing my headunit. Well not replacing but moving it due to it being the "brain" and all. From what I understand they hide the OEM unit somewhere keeping it in the link. This then creates the problem of losing your radio steering wheel controls. Has any company developed a W208 steering wheel control interface for an aftermarket headunit yet? I searched the forum and net all day yesterday trying to find a solution, but the best I could find was an adapter specifically for Alpine which renders your cruise control useless. I emailed Alpine to get a definite answer on that one. Any ideas?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts