Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of up grading my sound system.<br>
as only one of the 4 speakers works in the car(even that one is about to go)and there is an anoying beeping every seccond through the cdplayer, i think i want to pay to get it working again.<br>
no i want nothing fancy just 4 x 4inch speakers and maybe a sub (but where would it go and hints)and i want to get rid of the beeping.<br>
<br>
i made a post in the audio section when it first satrted and didnt get much of a responce so im trying here.<br>
<br>
I AM RINNING A CLARION 6 STACKER DC PLAYER FROM THE BOOT IT IS FM MODULATED AND I RECIEVE IT ON AROUND BAND 89FM THROUGH MY OLD BECKER TAPE DECK<br>
<br>
THE BEAPING OCCOURS EVERY SECCOND AND IS ONLY HEARD WHEN THE MUSIC GOES A BIT QUIETER BUT IT STILL PISSES ME OFF<br>
<br>
thanks louis

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just added a sub the cheap and easy way - I put a box with a 10' sub and 200 watt amp in the trunk and tapped the signal from the right rear speaker using alligator clips. Next, I took out rear seat and removed the 6' white plastic access plug behind the fold down armrest. I just leave the armrest folded down and the bass carries fine!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks brad<br> but i have 2 questions,<br> how much?<br> and<br> dosent that create some kind of imbalance on the speaker, with some kind of dran on the rear right?<br> <br> thanks louis

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This actually turned out very well. I removed the first aid kit on the rear deck (I don't know if your car has one) and I made a plate out of 3/4 in wood (finished it with paint to match the interior) and placed an 8' dual voic coil sub in the plate. I am running the sub from a 75 watt amp and have had great results with great looks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.