Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
98 SLK230 R170, 01 w203 c180
345 Posts
hmmmmm

thats very interesting, since you asked me for my thoughts, i will give them to you.

I think the styling is rather radical, i look at the kit and it tells me that it was designed with the intention of show car or stupid. All the extra vents and holes make it look rather awkward. the sharp lines also do no flow with the smooth lines of body.

So now you know what i think...

rice rice baby! rice rice baby!

·
Registered
R129 SL500 (98,97,95,92), W124 (E500&320 93Cabriolet)R107,Toyota Landcruiser2010, Nissan Murano2015,
229 Posts
I don’t mind the front, the exhaust and the wheels, the rest I’m pretending it's not in the picture!!!

·
Registered
1999 MB SLK 230
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'm agree that the side skirt and the rear dosent look that good but I really like the front because it will open up the air-flow for my larger intercooler.

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
The front is the best part of the kit. Very aggressive although I am not sure if all of the styling components on the front bumper work togther but it is probably better than most of the other kits I have seen out there.

·
Registered
1999 SLK 230K
293 Posts
The front is very aggressive but I can't stand the rear. And it would look even worse if you don't have four exhaust pipes in the back. Just my 2cents

Avery

·
Registered
SLK 320 BRABUS Modded
2,398 Posts
Do you really want to know what I think ?

No...... Ok Ill tell you anyway, looks like something out of "The fast and the flatulent" Not for me in anyway shape or form.

Have a look at the reiger kits, I like all of them, spept the 171 jobby.

Rieger On-Line

I

·
0 Posts
Like the front. The rest is too over done.

I've toyed with buying that grill and as after markets go I think the front of this one is right up there.

·
Premium Member
1999 SLK230 Sport
2,713 Posts
I dont like it...looks like you are getting ready for a drifting competition.

·
Registered
99' 230slk Sport
98 Posts
Way to busy me...SLK is a classy and tastefully sporty car not meant to look like that. Your car better run mid 10's 1/4 mile to even think about pulling that off.

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
I saw a Honda with that same front end just yesterday... :eek:

I

·
0 Posts
Bruce...you've been updating your sig. You can't really believe in these folks any more. I got pissed when I read your last quote for the blood of patriots is still being spilled over lies. We are going to throw the "tyrants" out this election. ;-)

Bloodless coup!

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
Bruce...you've been updating your sig. You can't really believe in these folks any more. I got pissed when I read your last quote for the blood of patriots is still being spilled over lies. We are going to throw the "tyrants" out this election. ;-)

Bloodless coup!
Different strokes for different folks... :D

Personally I don't like any of the apparent candidates on either side right now, and the "deadwood" in Congress really needs to be thrown out as well, but this is an SLK board, let's not talk politics here. Please.... :(

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320 auto, 2006 CLS320 CDi.
420 Posts
you mean the starless brabus style grille? try x-t-c dot com and for my mercedes dot com (without the spaces)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts