Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE A VORTECH BLOWER THAT I HAD ON MY BMW, AND WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE HERE CAN TELL ME IF THIS WILL FIT MY 430, OR IS THAT JUST A STUPID IDEA?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
is your engine straight six or v-eight ? Straight six...is impossible!! Even with V-eight....

<br> it still would be almost impossible because the engine head sizes and shape are all different. Even if you would modified the supercharger extensively, you still have to deal with reprograming the ECU for it to run. Here is why it IMPOSSIBLE for a supercharger from a six cylinder to fit in the eight cylinder. Straight six, all six cylinder piston are line up in a straight line ( that's why the called it straight six). So intake is on one side and exhaust is on the other side of the engine. The V-eight engine configeration are different. There are four cylinder piston on each side lke a V shape( that's why they called it V-eight). The intake are on placed on top of the engine and exhaust are on the bottom on both side of the engine. You can buy a Turbo or supercharger for a straight six or a V-eight engine but you can not exchange them from a straight six to a V-eight engine. it alot easier to understand if you look at the two engine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's is no such thing is stupid Q's, but you would be stupid if you don't know and don't ask!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts