Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

My X reg C220i esprit is stuck in park. I realise that I can get over this problem by sticking a biro down next to the gear lever but i need to get this fixed and get the car back to it's former glory!
A friend of mine suggested I check the brake light switch. Where is it and how do I check to see if it is faulty? He then mentioned a fuse might have gone but which is the fuse that deals with this problem?
If they are both fine is it just a case of getting a whole new section? *gulp*

I love my car and I really want to fix him without getting ripped off so any help at all would be really appreciated. Thanks

Tom

·
Registered
2002 ML55 AMG, 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited, 1999 C280
4,714 Posts
Hi there

My X reg C220i esprit is stuck in park. I realise that I can get over this problem by sticking a biro down next to the gear lever but i need to get this fixed and get the car back to it's former glory!
A friend of mine suggested I check the brake light switch. Where is it and how do I check to see if it is faulty? He then mentioned a fuse might have gone but which is the fuse that deals with this problem?
If they are both fine is it just a case of getting a whole new section? *gulp*

I love my car and I really want to fix him without getting ripped off so any help at all would be really appreciated. Thanks

Tom
Welcome to the Forum Tom!

The great thing about this Forum is the wealth of information available for FREE IF you use the search facility provided.

Since it's your first post and all, I will give you this gift:):

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w202-c-class/1395044-photo-diy-brake-switch-replacement.html

Good luck and let us know how you get on.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That's really helpful.
Before I change the brake light switch is it worth checking the fuse? In which case which fuse is it?!

Thanks again

Tom

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did it! Thank you. Slight problem though...

I seem to have detached the steering wheel adjustment cable from the steering wheel end. Nooo! How do I get to that??

Thanks again
Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts