Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need help. I have a 2000 clk. My turn signal will not go off. it works as far as blinking in each direction but after making a left turn it pops back into place but it still blinks left. What could the problem be? counld there be more than one problem. How can i fix it myself. I don't have the money to pay the dealer. :crybaby2::confused: Please help me -

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
I really need help. I have a 2000 clk. My turn signal will not go off. it works as far as blinking in each direction but after making a left turn it pops back into place but it still blinks left. What could the problem be? counld there be more than one problem. How can i fix it myself. I don't have the money to pay the dealer. :crybaby2::confused: Please help me -
Hey, PC, welcome to the forum. Please click the user cp link and complete your profile re: vehicle and location as that is useful information.

There are two main possibilities. One is that the combination switch has failed (which means disassembling the steering column to replace this approx. $130 part) or there is a screw that comes loose and lets it flop around, so that it can't really "self-cancel". There is a DIY on this in the W210 forum stickies, same basic design so you can start there.

If you start tearing into the steering column, do be sure to leave the key out of the ignition and disconnect the battery before starting. (And be sure you have your radio code for the reset procedure.)

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
'01 CLK 430
63 Posts
Thats funny this post came up. My 430 is in the shop right now getting this replaced. It happened a few months ago, and I rigged a fix for it until I saved up some bucks to get it fixed. I wired a toggle switch to the fuse that runs that circiut (turn signals, Flash Hi-Beams, and wipers), and switched on the toggle switch to run the turn signals, turned it off when not using them. It worked perfectly, but it's been rainy lately in the north east, and Rain-x can only do so much. It's costing $200, P&L, I didn't want to tear into the stearing wheel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts