Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I beileve you need tool call Spring comppressor to replace the strut.You can rent at Performance Product BUT make sure the right type of plate size(#1 or #2) use for the right size of that spring.Or if you can affort to buy one cost around $600- $800 at the motoringshop.com /Baumtools.com to view the tool.Post some pics when you finish .Good luck!

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, no, I did not need a spring compressor, as long as the control arm was supported. But I needed impact tools to loosen the bolts. Unfortunately, the rear lower bolt is positioned in such a way, that only a flat wrench or an impact tool will get it off. so, because of that (I took off all other bolts, and broke two flat wrenches), I could not finish. I ahve to go to a shp so they'll loosen up these ^%$#%$*& bolts. otherwise it looks very easy. by the way, the spring compressor I had did not fit the spring. go figure

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.