Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 C230 Kompressor
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told I posted this in the wrong forum, hope this is right.
First of all, the members of this site are amazing with the detail on every topic I've needed help with.
My problem is trying to figure out if the struts are bad (Og from day one in 2004) or if it's something else. When I exit the freeway at about 50, I'll trail brake starting at the offramp, there's a pulsating feel that comes from the left side, it gets worse as apply the brake, however, when I let go and apply more pressure, it's gone completely.
I've done plenty of DIY on the car C230 Kompressor as of late, with the help from here. Saved so much money doing the brakes and oil changes alone. The most time consuming was changing the rear deck panel, after that adventure, you'd think I'd had a fight with a cat!!
Thank you in advance for your advice,
Gil

·
Registered
99' E320, 00' E320, 03' E320T, 05' C230K
4,321 Posts
Do you feel the pulsation thru the brake pedal or thru the seat?

·
Registered
2004 C230 Kompressor
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Original struts on the car. Brake fluid is amber but in good order. 190K on it BTW.
At a 3 digit clip, there's no bouncing at all, even with the CA roads.
At my last shop visit, it was mentioned about the arms, but that was my last time ever to that shop, and they had been the only ones to work on my car. Seemed like every visit was 250 or more. That's when I started looking around, and found you folks!

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Did you replace the rotors when you did the brakes? Pulsation while braking could be warp rotors.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Need to merge with the other thread :)

·
Registered
2004 C230 Kompressor
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have had worn suspension parts cause this behavior.
Thank you for the info.
I'm trying to eliminate replacing everything and having the last repair be the solution. Really appreciate the suggestions from everyone.
Going to do the struts first, and see what happens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts