Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a C180 K, recently had a service, new plugs, PCV hose and cam magnates and cables upgraded, Auto serviced. Car runs really well apart from first start up when left overnight. The engine shakes and splutters before it fires up, once or twice cut out and restarted. The revs jump up high to combat the start then all is OK. All other start ups in the day are perfect. Just when its left overnight.

I live in QLD Australia so temps are warm all year around.

·
Registered
2004 C230 sport auto. Eurocharged tune with HR lowering springs plus some other custom mods.
8 Posts
Check your fuel pressure. Mine struggled at start up and would sometimes not start on the first try. It turned out to be a cracked line inside the gas tank between the pump and the sending unit keeping the pressure from building properly.

·
Registered
2004 C230 sport auto. Eurocharged tune with HR lowering springs plus some other custom mods.
8 Posts
That's a picture of the line. When I pulled it out of the gas tank it literally just broke apart in my hand. The crack was letting the fuel pressure bleed off overnight. If I were to start the car then turn it off and then immediately start it back up it would start fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check your fuel pressure. Mine struggled at start up and would sometimes not start on the first try. It turned out to be a cracked line inside the gas tank between the pump and the sending unit keeping the pressure from building properly.
This is very helpful thank you! I will get that checked out as the car is under a warranty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts