Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would cause my car to sometimes pull strong to the right when braking at slow speeds? It doesn't appear to be an alignment problem since it only happens during braking...and even then, not always. If I slow down and let my hands off the steering wheel and gradually depress on the brakes, I can see it pulling the steering wheel (and car) to the right. Are these problems with the rotors? Someone suggested could be bad ball joints? This is a 1997 E320 with 79K miles. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What would cause a warped rotor? The front brakes were replaced a couple of years ago. I think this problem may have been with my car from nearly the beginning, but I don't recall. I'm pretty sure it was there before the brake job.

·
Registered
180 Posts
How many miles since the last brake inspection? If it pulls to the right, it could mean lesser braking from the left wheel. It could be everything from pads to hydraulics to belt problems in the tire. You can probably get them inspected for no charge at a tire store but if you don't know for sure, it's time to have someone look.

·
Registered
2006 W220 S430 and 2010 W204 C300 Sport
227 Posts
When I first replaced my brake pads at about 25K miles, my right front caliper was frozen. How could I tell? The inside brake pad was worn down to the sensor, while the outside pad was worn down to 2/3 the original thickness. Funny thing, I could not perceive the pulling to one side as one might suspect by looking at my worn brake components.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts