Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a spare shifter surround so I stripped the wood off and polished it, with a bit more effort I could shine it up more but I got bored because it took ages to get the wood off. Plus after getting the wood off removing the glue is a pain.
Yes that's a dimp in the ashtray, I smoke and smoke in my car..Our government are trying to ban it, it's my car so they can do one.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
Dimp? Never heard that word for it. In the song Aqualung Ian Anderson called that a noggin(sp). Is that a proper British term too? We'd call that a butt over here. Nice job by the way, I like the new look.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dimp? Never heard that word for it. In the song Aqualung Ian Anderson called that a noggin(sp). Is that a proper British term too? We'd call that a butt over here. Nice job by the way, I like the new look.
I'll have to google that song I'm afraid!
A noggin is your head, "use your noggin". Also the cross piece in a studded wall.
Butt, we say fag butt...Probably illegal to say now.
We also call them dog ends as well as dimps ( cig butts that is, not the other)
:)

·
Registered
78 Posts
man i totally like that look.. Personally wish my cars had the whole trim interior in a brush metal finish .. thought that piece was plastic and not metal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts