Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1985 300D Turbo
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after taking some of the forum's advice, I think I'm going to try and clean my tank with startron. How long does this stuff have to sit in my tank?
I'm planning on adding the treatment...starting the car and driving it around the block so that it mixes a bit and sits in the lines. I'm thinking of letting is sit for 3 days or so. On the 3rd day, I'll drain the tank to get as much of the dead sludge out and clean the tank filter screen. I'll then unhook my supply and return and use a jug to flush out the injector with clean diesel. Then, I'll blow the hard lines and change all filters.

Does that sound pretty thorough or am I missing something?

Also, do you guys add an ounce of treatment at every fill up?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I lack the ambition you have so.... I replaced tank screen after running the tank dry (Not really) and use Bio Kleen. Very Nasty stuff for ANYTHING living. I put a full ounce in about a half tank. Then the next fill i used 1 ounce again.
cannot tell you it's working but it has to be better han nothing at all. I store in the winter months so i will use 1 oz before storage and until then every other fill up. Whatever you do carry a pre filter with you in the trunk with screwdriver to replace it. That bit of advice saved me a few years back.
Bio Kleen instructions say to wear gloves glasses long sleeves and pants and shoes. Burns skin and contaminated clothing should be discarded. Vapors will burn nose and throat. You get the picture?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts