Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 c63, 06 s65
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something strange happened yesterday.. The first time starting the car it turned over and it was struggling to start and then the battery light came on. So i turned it off completely, and started again, started up no problem. I went on with my day, errands turning on and off multiple times no issues. Then, i was at my friends house for a a few hours and when i left, the car was struggling to start again. No battery lights this time it was just turning over not catching. I only held the key for 5 seconds at a time to not burn the starter. on the fourth try, i tried pumping the accelerator a little bit and it started, ran without issues. I then turned it of and on again no issues. Started right up this morning like how it usually does, no issues. Put in new spark plugs when i was having work done on the front seal leak last month, wires were in very good condition so didnt need it done, starter is good usually takes a 3-4 seconds.

Car had half tank of gas (always mobil premium), dont think the battery is bad everything works as it should other than the IR on the remote every now and then doesnt work.

Havent checked fuel filters, dont know when they were last replaced. Dont know about the fuel pump either, as well as the battery.

Do you guys think this is a fuel pump issue or a battery issue? Or Something completely different?

·
Registered
Sold1990 500sl - 1992 300sl 1999 sl 500
1,545 Posts
I would replace the battery as you dont know how old it is then you can rule it out,its also the easy bit to change quickly and the battery light came on,once done wait and see if any more probs before changing any other part .:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 c63, 06 s65
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The battery light came on only that one time, but as of now the car is fine and has been running without issues...ill keep monitoring it. might have just been something incidental, it is 22 years old after all :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts