Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends,

I own 300SE (3.2) W140, 1993. I fix one problem with the sump (loosing oil) after this i put new oil and all filters, but when all is ready start the engine and do a some kilometers try.. and now i have a new problem, one red lamp light on my instrument cluster. This lamp is very strange, because no have nothing on it, its clean red lamp, thats it! I will put pictures to can see it and if you can tell me what is this lamp, and what is a possible reason to light. I see many pictures with other cars like my, like my engine and year and on this place have ASR and its yellow, not red. Maybe something wrong or.. i don't know, but i think is possible to be ASR, because when i put the button with tyre they not light, like before. I do a computer diagnostic today, but they find only 2 errors and clean it, the lamp still light, not die.

P.S. Sorry for my language

·
Registered
1993 W140 500SEL Black/Black, 12014 Ford Fiesta ST Blk/Blk
1,128 Posts
Weird.

In other models that's where the ASR light would be, but in amber colour. Any running issues?

If no codes I'd suspect a fault within the cluster which seems that it has been replaced, 93s I believe came with roller odometers rather than the digital.
Pull the bulb.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand, I guess this is ASR. When I put contact the lamp on the button with tyre on the dashboard lights up when the ignition turns off and this red light, and when I try to turn the button with tyre not light up light. What you mean to pull the bulb? To switch off the back of the dashboard right?

·
Registered
'84 300DT, '97 S320
682 Posts
I don't know if anyone has ever had a red light there. Are there letters there ? Or is it just red? In what country was the car originally sold for the 1st time ?

"What you mean to pull the bulb? To switch off the back of the dashboard right? "

If you can pull out the instrument panel, you can take out / remove the light bulb. You must be very careful pulling out the instrument panel.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w140-s-class/1492783-video-diy-removing-instrument-cluster-stereo.html

This man does it fast, but be careful. He puts the tool towards the back. Some people put it by the front. See my picture.

What's your native language, shristov ?

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes i think so, when i start the car cold the lamp gone, when i press fuel pad they come. When the lamp is gone i can press the button with a tyre on the dashboard and they light, when the lamp come, this button cannot started.. i think is ASR. I read in too many forums the possible problem on 80% to light ASR is a stop machine on the brake pedal, today i removed this stop machine and changed it, but still the same.. and i don't know what to do to fix this problem with the ASR.

MB220D300D - Bulgarian, i am from Bulgaria :) do you hear for this country?

·
Registered
'84 300DT, '97 S320
682 Posts
Yes. I work with some people from Bulgaria. But I don't speak Bulgarian, only some German.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts