Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2000 CLK320 Cabrio
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 W208 Cabrio with the "non-command" radio. I bought the car used about a year ago.

From the beginning, the radio would periodically do strange things:

1. Radio volume goes down for a while then back up. (This happens at all speeds)
2. Music suddenly starts playing in mono then in stereo again (The "ST" indicator on the radio stays on)

This behavior is only when listening to the radio. The CD and Cassette are fine.

The dealer's first pass at repair was to tighten all connections related to the antenna. This made things a little better for a short while. Then the problem came back and it was worse.

Second pass was to replace the radio.

Neither repair has really fixed the problem.

Anybody else have any ideas? Could it be the sensor for the speed sensitive volume control?

Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would suggest to disconnect the speed sensor wire behind the radio. It will be a thin ...

I would suggest to disconnect the speed sensor wire behind the radio. It will be a thin striped wire on the smaller of the two plugs. these can sometimes give inadequit readings as they are only a pulse. it is tipically not a constant supply of voltage. you will lose the feature of the radio turning up and down automatically, but at this point...
good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts