Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchase an MY05 SL350 and I have a problem with my exterior rear view mirror (driver's side). It looks like a dark brown liquid accumulated behind the mirror, mostly dropping to the bottom part (see pictures) and making visibility a problem (it does still reflect in the dark area but it's a problem at night...). If you push the mirror in the bottom part you can see the line between the brown and the normal mirror goes up (so it's something liquid at the back, not just a de-coloration or physical damage to the mirror).

I visited a MB dealer and they told me I cannot simply replace the actually mirror but I need to replace the whole thing (including casing) for a cost of well over AU$1,000... honestly it looks like I should be able to just drain the liquid at the back but I have no idea how to pull the thing apart...

Have you guys seen something like this before? Any idea of how to fix it without having to replace the whole thing?

Attachments

·
Registered
930 Posts
if you turn the mirror all the way in, you can see round wheel with tab , you turn the tab with a screwdriver till it un clips. then pull the mirror off. if you have the new one you will see how it works

·
Registered
385 Posts
Look at #3 on this diagram:

<http://www.parts.com/oemcatalog/index.cfm?action=getPartLocator&siteid=2&chapter=&Sectionids=0,3263&groupid=2740&subgroupid=3742&componentid=0&makeid=67&model=SL%20Class&year=2005&graphicID=5761545&callout=3&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0>

US$69

1 - 6 of 6 Posts