Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a yellow light that flashes on the dash, sometimes its solid one, other times it flickers. seems to flicker most when accelerating. I will get a picture up of it later. But its yellow, has a circle and then dashes around the circle. Any ideas what causes it. My mechanic originally thought it was low fluid of some sort. But all my fluids were changed and are topped off. Nothing feels wrong. But if its like a check engine light of some sorts. I would like to make sure its checked out and taken care of. Thanks guys. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1959 220S cabriolet, 1983 240D original owner, 1999 E300 turbo diesel, 1988 560SL, 2003 SLK320
3,513 Posts
Get thee an owners manual and a new mechanic. That is the brake pad warning light. One or both of your front brake pads are worn or possibly there is a short in the sensor for the offending wheel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get thee an owners manual and a new mechanic. That is the brake pad warning light. One or both of your front brake pads are worn or possibly there is a short in the sensor for the offending wheel.

IT must be the sensor then. I just had all 4 brakes and rotors replaced on this. The light was on before I had them done. I just replaced them as they were squeaking like hell, also I would love to find a manual. Do you have a link where I could get one? the one that came with the car is in spanish. lol

·
Registered
1959 220S cabriolet, 1983 240D original owner, 1999 E300 turbo diesel, 1988 560SL, 2003 SLK320
3,513 Posts
Manual is available from your dealer, MBUSA or e-bay. So did you not replace the sensors when you did your brakes? That could certainly be the issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts