Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SLK55 AMG
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the risk of starting a stupid i'net rumour...

Saleman called just to tell me how lucky I was, as I had got their last slot for SLK55 (we didn't know it at the time of finalizing the order last week). This dealer gets about 1 slot per quarter (ie. 4/yr). I finalized order last week and he put into the system. He said they were told this week that MB is "stopping production" on the SLK55, but are honoring the current committed build slots. He said they were having to call their other customers that were on the wait list for SLK55 and inform them. And that they has some unhappy people.

He did not know why. Or for how long. He thought it was very strange also.

ANYONE, have any real info on this?

(P.S. I asked the same question over on *.org)

·
Registered
2004 SL600 Renntech ECU/TCU Upgrade...many other mods
238 Posts
What he may be referring to is MB shutting down production for the month of April and starting back up in May. I read this some where else as well.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
237 Posts
jmejones - 2/25/2005 12:49 AM

What he may be referring to is MB shutting down production for the month of April and starting back up in May. I read this some where else as well.
Holy c**p! Hope they will complete my car before the shutdown. Otherwise, I won't be sleeping for the whole month...

·
Registered
2007 ML320 CDI - Silver/Ash
355 Posts
Hmmm....
Doesn't sound good (assuming this is accurate)
Oh well, at least they will be building 350's - which I am sure is no solace to those who desire the 55.
However, didn't someone else on here report that soon the 55 will be replaced or revised to produce the magical 400hp?
Could this be an early sign of this occurring?

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
This is just speculation on my part but I find it hard to believe that Mercedes would discontinue the SLK55 in favor of a more powerful version this soon after introduction. I assume that they will produce the 55 for at least a full year before replacing it.

·
Registered
2007 ML320 CDI - Silver/Ash
355 Posts
Per my post above, I do not disagree that Benz would discontinue the 55 so quickly - however, there are other's posting on here that suggest this may very well occur.

Any other's want to jump in?

·
Registered
2005 SLK55
664 Posts
May be why they didn't raise the price ;-)

·
Registered
SLK 200K
41 Posts
I have read that the 55 production will be replace at the end of the year by the slk63 AMG....

don't know if this is true or not...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts