Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Rubicon Unlimited (Let the shame be upon me!)
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
UNIMOG
1,036 Posts
I'm sure the ladies would be allll over me with that Zetros belt buckle.

·
Registered
Non MB 1975 Volvo C304, 1958 Kramer U540, 1959 unimog Westfalia 411
1,381 Posts
Strange where? I am kickin it w/ Whalers and Gold Miners in the last of the wild west Nome AK. Man there is a lot of old iron around this town And some big dredges, tonight I saw a remote controlled rig on a excavator undercarriage 200 hitachi size it crawls on ocean floor w/ a 40 foot exhaust stack and floating dredge. It gets light at noon and musk ox come right into town. Next stop King Cove down on the chain.

Attachments

·
Registered
1978 416.115
1,035 Posts
Strange where? I am kickin it w/ Whalers and Gold Miners in the last of the wild west Nome AK. Man there is a lot of old iron around this town And some big dredges, tonight I saw a remote controlled rig on a excavator undercarriage 200 hitachi size it crawls on ocean floor w/ a 40 foot exhaust stack and floating dredge. It gets light at noon and musk ox come right into town. Next stop King Cove down on the chain.
There's now a show on TV about a group from Oregon that lost their jobs because of the economy and are now trying their luck at gold mining. Hopefully they don't strike it rich, otherwise there's going to be a ton of idiots thinking there's gold in there darn hills and all rushing to Alaska. Sure there's gold, but for everyone 1 person who gets rich, I'm sure there's 50 who don't.

·
Registered
'79 Flat Bed 406
206 Posts
BS...

That TV show is just that...a show to $ell. Let me give you a quote from a genuine year around old timer miner, not a TV "actor".

"They were more interested in making a movie than they were in finding gold," Schnabel said. "They didn’t get their machinery going until afternoon and sometimes not until evening. They had cameras going all over the place."

'nuf said...

·
Registered
2015 Rubicon Unlimited (Let the shame be upon me!)
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well "strange" would be the Zetros belt buckle, wonder if it is nearly as large as the real grill. The U400 Pioneer is one I had never seen before, sorta like the SEE and Case MB 4/94 reborn. And let's be honest, who doesn't need or want a bright orange model garbage truck for their desk?

I had heard about the guys going gold farming, heard they were 7 shades of screwed with a bridge crossing, smashing gear up because they couldn't operate the equipment etc. I find that my own life is real enough, I don't need more "reality" to entertain myself.

On that topic, if anyone up in Alaska needs a drafting/modeling/surveying gunslinger I'm free and clear come May. Need a change of scenery or at the least a winter of hard conditions and good pay.

·
Registered
Non MB 1975 Volvo C304, 1958 Kramer U540, 1959 unimog Westfalia 411
1,381 Posts
This was rolling around the in laws.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts