Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
SLK350,C230Komp
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone with their E-class experience this before?

I left my 2004 E-class 320 4Matic lockup and untouch for 2 weeks because I enjoy driving my new SLK350.
strange thing happened yesterday when I got home from my business trip.
Only the passenger side mirror signal blinker started to flash (for no reason). I fired up the engine and all controls seems to be working.
I turn off the engine and the blinker flashes again.
Regardless you lock the doors or not, it flashes in a repeated pattern, 2 blinks then stop for 8 seconds, another 2 blinks again......
what is really going on?
I hope this won't kill my battery.

[?]

·
Registered
2005 E500
141 Posts
I have been keeping tabs on this thread the past two weeks and I can't beleive no one has a follow up post yet.

I am really curious if your car is still doing this. Or did you find out what it was and it has been fixed.

In either case, could you please do a follow up post and update us. Your issue is just one of those t00-weird things that I would love to know the source of.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
SLK350,C230Komp
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply.

The mirror still brinks.....
seems to be it is trying to communicate with me........

I am sursprised that no one encounter the same problem.

I started the engine and drove it for 20 minutes, stop the car, lock it, the mirror stop blinking.
go back in 10 minutes, blinks again.....

I called my local MB dealer and they told me maybe the car have not been fire up in 2 week. Something wrong with the computer.

MB has not seem this problem before and they suggest a check up.

I am so busy with my business trips and I have to delay the dealer visit until next month.

Maybe someone can ask your local MB dealer see what say about this..

Thanks

·
Registered
241 Posts
I would guess thet the battery on your car is running low on power.
I had a 2004 E320T 4Matic last winter myself and if the car was sitting around (or if my girlfriend droves it around town for a few weeks) the car would indicate that the power on the battery was low and seatheating etc would not be available for the first minutes of driving.
This did happend when the car was brand new.

My MB dealer did a software update on the car so the powermanagingsystem changed and this problem did not come back, but they told me that if I parked the car at the airport for longer than a month in the wintertime, it could still be problems with starting since the cars many computersystems is consuming power and is never really "turned off".

Regards from Norway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts